NAMI Ask The Expert: In-Person, Virtual and Everything In Between – Supporting Families and Children Returning to School
NAMI Ask the Expert: In-Person, Virtual and Everything In Between – Supporting Families and Children Returning to School with presenter Meghan Walls, PsyD.
During this webinar, practical tips were shared about modeling appropriate coping skills, teaching kids and teens resiliency, talking with students about the plan for returning to school, preparing kids for the various forms school may take this year and how to access resources to address stress and mental health.
Related files and links:
- Presentation Slides
- Certificate of Attendance
- Wearing a Face Mask at School (written for kids; in English, coming soon in Spanish)
- How to Help Your Child Get Used to a Face Mask (written for adults; in English and Spanish)
- Planning for Remote Learning
- Planning for In-Person Learning
Positive coping skills videos: